The Patriot air missile defense systems that the United States is expediting to Ukraine will best serve Kyiv’s forces by defending Ukraine’s key cities and infrastructure, retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling said. On Tuesday, U.S. military officials announced an accelerated timeline for the arrival of the Patriot systems that the Department of Defense (DoD) promised to send late last year. While previous estimates said the systems could take up to a full year to arrive in Ukraine, base officials at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, said that the 65 Ukrainian soldiers who’ve been training on the system will be wrapping up in the coming days. Politico reports that base officials spoke to a small group of reporters invited to view the training protocols, and said that the Ukrainian troops and two donated Patriot systems will be on the battlefield in a matter of weeks alongside more soldiers who have also been learning how to use the Patriots that were donated by Germany and the Netherlands. Hertling, who served as commanding general of the U.S. Army Europe, spoke to CNN reporters Natasha Bertrand and Jake Tapper on Tuesday to discuss the accelerated timeline, and gave his perspective on where the defense systems could… Read full this story
- Command & Conquer: Generals Preview
- TGS 2005: Full Japanese PlayStation 3 lineup revealed
- How to find your system specs in Windows
- ‘Skyrim’ On PC Will Use Parts of DirectX 11
- Why game developers are joining mass demonstrations in Ukraine
- “I’ve always used the opportunity to make political statements in Metro games” – Dmitry Glukhovsky
- Best of 2018: “I’ve always used the opportunity to make political statements in Metro games” – Dmitry Glukhovsky
- Mecha Patriots: All We Know About BioShock Infinite
- Destiny 2 Season of Opulence Patch Notes Revealed by Bungie
- Ubisoft scrapped Rainbow Six: Patriots so they could "lead with multiplayer"
Retired U.S. general reveals where Ukraine should use U.S. Patriot systems have 298 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 21, 2023. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.