Synopsis We are seeing that asset allocation-based smallcases with varying proportions of equity, gold and fixed income, have become a key tool to navigate market volatility. India is at an early stage of a multi-decadal trend of financialization of savings , and is all set to soon be the 4th largest wealth market in the world, according to Vasanth Kamath , founder and CEO of wealthtech platform smallcase. "This decade would be about India becoming a nation of investors with innovation on the investment product layer and robust capital market infrastructure supported by a forward-looking regulatory regime," Kamath told ETMarkets in an interview. Edited excerpts: How do you think 2023 will pan out for Indian equities compared with 2022? 2023 is expected to be a year of volatility like 2022 and retail investors are likely to allocate more cautiously to equity. The route they take to do this is SIPs, which continue being a preferred mechanism to invest in stocks/smallcases/MFs. For more savvy retail investors who are being opportunistic, they will double down on sectors and opportunities facing short term headwinds. We are seeing that asset allocation-based smallcases with varying proportions of equity, gold and fixed income, have become a… Read full this story
- Missed opportunity or foresight? Hedge funds remain wary of rally on D-Street
- Chasing returns? Rs 6,000 crore of Indian money riding on US markets, can grow multifold in 3-5 years
- Is this bull market similar to the bull market of 2000? Nilesh Shah explains
- Evolving role of AI, IoMT and Big Data analytics have redefined the shape of Indian healthcare market
- Can coronavirus pandemic bring a cycling revolution to India?
- Saudi wealth fund PIF buys 2.32% stake in Reliance Jio Platforms for Rs 11,367 crore
- Will Mukesh Ambani overtake his Stanford classmate Steve Ballmer to become world’s 5th richest?
- India, China and fortifying the Africa outreach
- The way forward in a world wary of travel
- Roposo, Chingari, Mitron: TikTok’s family-friendly, India rivals boom with desi users
ETMarkets Fund Manager Talk: India set to be 4th largest wealth market in the world: Vasanth Kamath, Smallcase have 319 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 28, 2023. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.