Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Autonomous cars and trucks won't be a big business for years, but the market for automating some driving functions is booming and most new vehicles now come equipped with cameras and radar. Spartan Radar, a Southern California startup created by ex-defense industry engineers, just raised $17 million to help commercialize sensor software that it says lets even cheap radar units track their surroundings in greater detail and will improve the performance of current hands-free driving systems. The company, about two years old, said its latest investment round closed this month and was backed by 8VC, IronGate Capital, Prime Movers Lab. MaC VC and Microsoft. That pushes its total funding to about $42 million since 2021. Microsoft's participation is notable since using Spartan's radar software is like "going from DOS to Windows 10," CEO and cofounder Nathan Mintz told Forbes . "We deliver about five times the resolution with a quarter of the parts, and even up to 10 times the resolution in some cases." Deliveries of Spartan's software begin this year with applications for commercial vehicles. The Los Alamitos, California-based company also expects to start supplying its technology for passenger vehicles by 2025, though… Read full this story
- QR code startup Beaconstac raises $25 million in funding
- Brooklyn Evolution Startup Melonfrost Raises $7 Million To Make More Microbes
- Budget 2023: Key takeaways for tech, startups from Nirmala Sitharaman's speech
- Freightify raises $12 million in funding from Sequoia Capital India, others
- Enzene Biosciences raises $50 million to expand ops in India, US markets
- Why Are Tech Startups Firing People Now?
- Better Capital-backed Gullak raises $3 million in seed round
- This Week In XR: Meta’s Stock Soars, Samsung’s New XR Partnership, Prisms VR Math App Raises $12 Million
- Fintech firm MProfit raises $2 million in funding
This Radar Tech Startup Just Raised $17 Million To Make Automated Driving Cheaper And Safer have 292 words, post on www.forbes.com at January 31, 2023. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.