A giant winter storm moved into North and Central Texas Monday afternoon and evening into Tuesday morning. Freezing rain and sleet combined with sustained temperatures below freezing have left a glaze of ice on the roads, creating traffic and driving nightmares throughout much of the Lone Star State Tuesday morning. “Travel conditions will continue to worsen today with even more ice and sleet. Avoid traveling if you can through Wednesday,” The National Weather Service’s Dallas-Fort Worth office warned in a tweet Tuesday. “If you have to be on the roads, make sure to SLOW DOWN, watch for ice on the road, and to give yourself plenty of time for driving,” NWS added. NWS also extended its winter storm warning covering much of the state from Wednesday to Thursday morning at 6 a.m., according to a release issued Tuesday. The warning includes several counties north of Houston, with several more included in a less urgent winter weather advisory. “As you drive west and north of Houston, particularly past Katy, Waller, and Huntsville, icing may start to become a concern on elevated roads and bridges tonight,” Space City Weather’s Eric Berger wrote in his Tuesday morning forecast . “Those concerns will become… Read full this story
- Winter Storm Impacts Minnesota Roads, Though Metro Mostly Clear
- First Alert: Winter Storm Causing Highway Closures In The Mountains On Christmas Eve
- Winter storm hits US' Chicago: National Weather Service
- New Year's Day U.S. winter storm warning, heavy snowfall to cause "travel disruptions"
- Biden declares major disaster in Texas as residents struggle in aftermath of severe winter storm
- Texas governor details plan to restore power as millions suffer through brutal winter storm
- Winter Storm Warning Issued For Lower Elevations As Another Storm Rolls Through NorCal
- As Winter Storms Continue, Gov. Newsom Declares Emergency Proclamation For 20 California Counties
- Winter Storms Threaten to Disrupt Travel in the Northwest
- Heavy snow on highways prompts closures - 'Treacherous driving conditions'
Texas winter storm causes treacherous road conditions across state have 314 words, post on www.chron.com at January 31, 2023. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.