Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin As the Ukrainian army rolled swiftly over Russian forces this past week, liberating thousands of square kilometers of Ukrainian territory in the country's northeastern region of Kharkiv, over four hundred high-profile Ukrainian and international politicians and businesspeople gathered in Ukraine's capital, Kyiv, to discuss the war, potential outcomes and the West's support for Ukraine. The gathering in question was the 17th annual Yalta European Strategy conference—or YES—organized by Ukrainian philanthropist Victor Pinchuk and his Pinchuk foundation. The event took place in complete secrecy in an underground venue especially chosen to serve as a shelter in case of a missile attack. Precautions were understandable. To bring all these people into a country not only conducting an active counteroffensive in the East, but also regularly experiencing air raids in multiple regions, was a complicated matter of logistics and high-level security. Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy gave an in-person speech to open the gathering , which drew to Ukraine a handful of prominent international participants, including the Prime Minister of Poland, Mateusz Morawiecki; the President of Latvia, Egils Levits; various US and UK politicians, business leaders like Turkish drone maker Haluk Bayraktar and former Google CEO Eric Schmidt…. Read full this story
- Putin's Gamble In Ukraine Is Xi's Pot To Win
- Is this the 'end of the beginning' for Russia in Ukraine?
- What US intelligence got wrong on Ukraine
- Special report: Loose cannons at the frontline of Ukraine's forgotten war
- Once the smoke clears, what's next for Ukraine and Russia?
- Why Delhi Civic Polls Is The Most Crucial Fight For Arvind Kejriwal After Punjab Victory
- What is the West’s objective in Ukraine?
- Stand with Ukraine, don't sell them out
- Monday evening UK news briefing: Russia opens fire on protesters in Kherson
- Biden lashes at Putin, calls for Western resolve for freedom
How Does Ukraine Define Victory? have 305 words, post on www.forbes.com at September 13, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.