Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg The pandemic changed an unfathomable number of lives, including those of 20-something Singaporeans Javier and Jaren Hoo. In early 2020, Jaren, who was 23 and working full-time as a pastry chef, resigned from his job in order to help his father, Hoo Kok Leong, sell pork at a wet market in Hougang. His brother, Javier, who was previously a financial advisor, followed suit a year later. Their story was picked up by The Loh Bros and shared on May 12: Hougang wet market stall The butcher stall, named HKL Porki, is located at Block 105 Hougang Ave 1. Jaren and Javier, now 25 and 27 respectively, start work at midnight as they need to prep the Indonesian pork before their stall opens at 6am. They usually end work at around 12pm and wash up before heading home to start preparations for the next day. This includes tallying the online orders for next day and answering queries before they can rest for the day. On average, they get six hours of shut-eye a day. Overcoming the stigma of working at a wet market Taking over the family biz is no mean feat,… Read full this story
- At Bryan’s Marathon in Cleveland Heights, the gas and repair jobs come with a side of full service
- Annual Investors Roundtable: Volatile markets cause optimism to wane
- Restaurant review: Denver Milk Market overwhelming at first, but worth the effort
- Toll Brothers Reports 4th Quarter and FYE 2018 Results
- Hilo native on Philippine TV’s ‘Pinoy Big Brother’
- Hilo native on Philippines TV’s ‘Pinoy Big Brother’
- Dear Abby: Man, 23, refuses to leave dad's house or pay bills
- White Star Market: Food hall vendors spill about their food, careers, and toss in some tips
- So It’s Your First Market Hiccup. What Should You Do Now?
- UA coaches' wives make time for game
S'porean brothers in their 20s quit full-time jobs to sell pork with dad at wet market have 306 words, post on mothership.sg at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.