The three charts that show inflation is only going to get worse Union barons blasted for ‘sense of entitlement’ as rail strike talks resume FTSE 100 falls 0.9pc as inflation rises again Jeremy Warner: Strike chaos and high inflation, yes, but this is not the 1970s in redux Sign up here for our daily business briefing newsletter Europe has been urged to prepare for a complete cutting off of Russian gas supplies as the continent's energy crisis deepens. The International Energy Agency warned Putin's decision to curtail flows through the Nord Stream pipeline over the last week could be a precursor to a full shutdown this winter. Fatih Birol, head of the IEA, told the Financial Times: "Europe should be ready in case Russian gas is completely cut off." He said European countries should take measures to reduce demand ahead of the key winter period. This included firing up old coal-fired power stations despite concerns about emissions. Bloomberg reported that Germany was preparing to trigger the second phase of its emergency gas plan – known as the "alarm" stage – amid rising fears that Putin could turn off the taps. 6:13PM Wrapping up T hat’s all from the blog today, thank… Read full this story
- Gas Supplies From Bulgaria to Greece Halted Due to Incident at Pipeline
- Low methanol price and reduced gas supply drive production cuts at Taranaki Methanex plants
- US Diplomat: Russia Gas Pipeline to Boost Grip on Ukraine, Europe
- Putin Hopes Europe Will Resist US Pressure on Germany Pipeline
- U.S. keen to ensure Russian pipeline does not threaten Europe, Pompeo says
- Completion of Nord Stream 2 to Cut Europe Gas Prices by 25%, Consulting Company Says
- Vladimir Putin: 'Russia does not want to split EU'
- Saudis hold talks with refiners amid warnings of oil crisis and rationing
- Why Vladimir Putin should be at the Auschwitz memorial ceremony
- Trump to decide on US response to Syria gas attack 'within 48 hours'
Prepare now for Putin to cut off gas supply, Europe warned have 318 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at June 22, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.