As VC money disappears amid economic slowdown, tech startups have laid off over 20,000 employees the world over since April, while more than 8,000 employees have lost jobs at the Indian startups led by edtech platforms. According to layoff aggregator Layoffs.fyi, at least 20,514 people have lost their jobs at tech startups globally since April globally and the US is leading the race. The number doubled over the past two weeks, indicating that the labour market for the sector has taken a turn for the worse, reports Nikkei Asia. Ironically, this figure does not take contractual workers into accounts which have lost their jobs in the startup funding winter. The job loss has reached two-year high among the startup ecosystem that once churned out unicorns after unicorns. The job loss has reached two-year high among the startup ecosystem that once churned out unicorns after unicorns. More than 15,000 people working in the technology sector lost their job in the month of May alone, as global macro-economic factors hit companies, especially startups. According to layoff aggregator layoffs.fyi, more than 15,000 tech workers have lost their jobs this month, reports TechCrunch. Since March 2020 when the Covid-19 pandemic started, more than 1.3… Read full this story
- Vulnerability in jobs in India
- How VCs can protect key startup employees from immigration action
- Factory workers lose jobs as steel tariffs put business in "crisis mode"
- Sources Expect Bryan Colangelo To Lose Job With 76ers
- Arun Jaitley lauds GDP growth, says job creation is on track
- India ranks 177 out of 180 nations globally in EPI: CSE
- Nikki Haley To NDTV On Iran, Russia And US-India Ties: Full Transcript
- India vs Afghanistan Test Day 2 highlights:India win by an innings and 262 runs
- Along with Make in India, 'Design in India' is also essential, says PM Modi
- Laurene Powell Jobs charts a path to philanthropy and social change
Over 20,000 Startup Employees Lose Jobs Globally, India and US Top List have 297 words, post on www.news18.com at June 3, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.