Regine Velasquez (left) and Sharon Cuneta in "Iconic" Watching "Iconic," the sold-out concert topbilled by Megastar Sharon Cuneta and Asia's Songbird Regine Velasquez at Resorts World Manila (RWM) last June 17 and 18, is as much a heartwarming trip down memory lane as it is a celebration of the Filipino performers' prodigious skill, artistic sensitivity and top-notch musicality. First staged at the Big Dome three years ago, the two-night show, mounted to jump-start the songstresses' nine-city US tour—set to begin in California on July 17—has been retrofitted from a slam-bang spectacle at the Big Dome to a more intimate affair at RWM's Marriott Grand Ballroom worthy of its performers' legacy as true-blue OPM legends. On its opening salvo, the show, weighed down by a couple of false stops-and-starts that a more intensive pickup rehearsal can't fix, was far from perfect. But it's easy to see why the show is more than the sum of its unpolished parts. For one, its stars' larger-than-life presence and musicality—along with those of musical directors Louie Ocampo and Raul Mitra—are unrivaled. Helmed by Paolo Valenciano, the concert boasts an inspired lineup, with Regine kicking off the opening duet of Sharon's hits with a sublime rendition… Read full this story
- The hologram concert revolution is here, whether you like it or not: Meet the company touring Whitney Houston and Buddy Holly
- Coronavirus causes mass cancellations of business, cultural and sports events
- How women shaped indie rock: 'the lyrics could never have come from a male perspective'
- 'I’m in unbelievable pain 24/7': Ozzy Osbourne, 71, reveals crippling neck injury forced him to call off North American leg of tour... after devastating Parkinson's diagnosis
- Whitney Houston's back from the dead! The singer is set to return as a hologram on a world tour starting in the UK – but is it a joyful tribute or ghoulish cashing in?
- 'Why was he never knighted?': Tributes flood in for Nicholas Parsons after his death at 96 - as friend Esther Rantzen says it's a 'mystery' why he was not honoured
- 13 Shows You Need to See This Spring
- BB King obituary
- 2019 Worldwide Box Office Hits $42.5B Record; Offshore Too With $31B+: Highlights From The International Profit Center & What’s Ahead For 2020 – Global Studio Chart
- Young arts run free: the 50 best things to do in the UK for zilch
More than the sum of its parts: Concert proves why Sharon and Regine are ‘Iconic’ have 399 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at June 28, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.