Mumbai: Electric vehicle buyers can now walk into a showroom and get options from multiple brands to choose from, just like buying a new mobile phone, as the concept of multi-brand vehicle dealerships slowly gains popularity in India. It is a proven concept overseas but never took off in India. With the advent of electric vehicles (EV), multi-brand dealerships are now finding favour here too with at least five companies investing in this space. The reasons are simple – there are tens of small EV makers in India in the two-wheeler, three-wheeler and bicycle segments, most of whom have neither the volumes nor the brand recall to sustain exclusive showrooms. With multi-brand showrooms, sales are higher than in single-brand showrooms, ensuring better sustainability of operations for the dealer. Moreover, such dealerships also help fledgling EV companies widen their sales and service network in a relatively shorter time and lower capital cost. “We think of us as Croma of electric vehicles,” says Dhiraj Tripathi, the co-founder and chief operating officer of Electric One , one such company in this space. Other companies include BikeWo , Mad About Wheels , eWheelers and AutoEVMart by Greaves Cotton . These companies work on a… Read full this story
- MG Motor launches electric SUV ZS EV at Rs 19.88 lakh, promises drive range of 340km
- 100% FDI in single-brand retail: A much-needed booster shot?
- Tata Nexon EV Review: India's Cheapest Electric SUV, Now Available at Rs 13.99 Lakh
- Tata Tigor Facelift Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.75 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- With bluetooth SmartXconnect, four ride modes & new BS-VI technology, Apache RR310 launched in India at Rs 2.4 lakh
- Realme X review: Excellent amoled display, impressive camera & smooth multi-tasking make it a good buy
- Chinese decimation of Indian phonemakers is complete. Automakers next?
- Q3 earnings mixed so far; brokerages maintain 'buy' on 10 stocks with 9-23% upside
- Meet the Gen Next 2020 designers
- Uconnect 5 Update Brings Faster Speeds, 12-Inch Screens
Choosing your next EV will get easier as multi-brand showrooms gain currency in India have 306 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.