close Video Fox Nation’s PARK’D goes to Yellowstone National Park Fox Nation’s PARK’D goes to Yellowstone National Park NEW You can now listen to Fox News articles! Happy 150th birthday, Yellowstone National Park! As the U.S. celebrates — all year long — a milestone anniversary of this treasured American national park , here’s a collection of fascinating facts, featured players and sometimes-forgotten but always interesting details, numbers, quotes and more connected to our remarkable national preserve. As Yellowstone turns 150 this year, check out these 150 facts — and share them! Yellowstone’s beginnings 1. Established on March 1, 1872, Yellowstone National Park became the first national park in the U.S. 2. President Ulysses S. Grant signed the Yellowstone Protection Act into law for “the benefit and enjoyment of the people.” 3. President Grant never visited Yellowstone; but he explored areas of the American West such as Washington state, Nebraska, the Dakotas and Colorado, all of which piqued his interest in wildlife preservation. One of the entrances to Yellowstone National Park is shown here. (iStock) 4. Archeological sites, trails and oral histories prove that humans have inhabited Yellowstone for the last 11,000 years. 5. Yellowstone National Park was the site of… Read full this story
- Rep. John Lewis to throw first pitch at Nationals Park
- ESPN to tell 150-year history of college football during ’19
- Trout, surging Angels set to face Harper-less Nationals (Aug 15, 2017)
- Horse Racing: Preview of the 2014 Holy Bull Stakes at Gulfstream Park
- With America not in the World Cup, England makes a fantastic alternative for fans
- Douglas-Coral Springs hit the big time at Marlins Park
- Bryce Harper on return of injured Nationals: 'We're 13-16 with the Syracuse Sky Chiefs'
- Tales of the unexpected: The 2018 Six Nations so far
- Miami Hurricanes National Signing Day: WR Jeff Thomas
- Boston Red Sox: Is it time for a new Fenway Park?
On Yellowstone's 150th anniversary, 150 fascinating facts about America's first national park have 295 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.