President Joe Biden has ramped up his attacks against former President Donald Trump in recent days as Democrats face a bleak outlook in the crucial 2022 midterm elections. Biden mockingly called Trump the “MAGA king” on Wednesday, his latest insult directed at his predecessor as the Republican Party looks to make gains in the November elections. The GOP is aiming to retake the House of Representatives and the Senate , but if the party can gain control of just one chamber of Congress , it will be able to stymie Biden’s agenda for the two years leading up to the 2024 presidential election. Recent polling indicates that Republicans have an advantage over Democrats, with poll tracker FiveThirtyEight’s generic congressional ballot showing 45.5 percent of Americans would support the GOP in the election and just 42.9 percent would support the Democrats as of May 11. Democrats are also facing a voting public deeply concerned about high inflation , which stood at an annualized rate of 8.3 percent in March, and record high gas prices. Biden appears to have begun his recent slew of criticism at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 30 where he didn’t mention Trump by name, but… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Won't Be The 2020 Republican Nominee, And Other Predictions
- POLITICO Playbook: GOP frets as Trump world implodes
- Trump Won Pennsylvania. Democrats Want the State (and His Voters) Back.
- Trump passes on opportunity to criticize James at Ohio rally
- Liberal Group Hopes To Fire Up Puerto Ricans Ahead Of Midterms
- Trump salutes 'heroes' of ICE at White House event
- POLITICO Playbook: Trump mulls a pre-election shutdown with Rush, and a pre-election anti-Pelosi ad
- Trump's favorite county
- Biden says he would have been ‘eaten alive’ if he ran against Trump in 2016 — but won’t rule out 2020 run
- Democratic National Convention becomes antidote to Donald Trump’s deceiving act
Biden ramps up Trump insults as midterm prospects grow bleaker have 296 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 12, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.