The owner of Britain's biggest chain of upmarket holiday villages is lining up bankers to oversee a review of its options, which could pave the way for an auction valuing it at £4bn. Sky News understands that Brookfield Property Partners, the Canadian property giant, is close to appointing Barclays to advise on the future of Center Parcs UK – an investment it has held since 2015. An outright sale, the disposal of a minority stake or a public flotation are all potential alternatives for Brookfield. Center Parcs UK recently recorded the most profitable half-year in its history in spite of pandemic-related operating constraints. Barclays is a significant lender to the company, and is said to have been particularly supportive during the early part of the COVID-19 crisis. Advertisement It has yet to be formally hired by Brookfield, but an insider said it was highly likely to win a role on a strategic review of Center Parcs UK. Center Parcs is one of the most famous brands in the British leisure industry, drawing millions of visitors annually to its five UK sites and the latest addition to its portfolio, at Longford Forest in Ireland. More from Business Cost of living: Energy… Read full this story
- IBM beats Q4 expectations with Red Hat bolstering software sales
- SoFi Stadium rises to a new level as Inglewood prepares for its impact
- NFL meetings: Owners set to approve Raiders to Las Vegas, speed up games
- Soaring SUV sales keep carmakers on collision course with climate policy
- ‘People Getting Prepared More And More’: Lehigh County Gearing Up For Accumulating Snow
- New Mexico’s largest metro area prepares for plastic bag ban
- Column: A county-owned homeless service center in the old St. Vincent hospital? It just might happen
- New Low-Cost Fitness Center Comes to Levittown
- Virginia State Senator Warns Gun Owners About Upcoming Rally: ‘We Are Being Set Up’
- Dropping a hint? Harry and Meghan Markle release video of his 'final' engagement as senior royal - accompanied by Stone Roses hit with the line 'I'd like to leave the country for month of Sundays'
Center Parcs owner lines up Barclays to prepare £4bn sale have 340 words, post on news.sky.com at April 22, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.