The following is a transcript of an interview with Democratic Representative Adam Schiff of California that aired Sunday, March 6, 2022, on “Face the Nation.” MARGARET BRENNAN: Welcome back to FACE THE NATION. We now want to go to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff. He’s a Democrat from California and joins us from the Los Angeles area. Good morning to you. REPRESENTATIVE ADAM SCHIFF: Good morning. MARGARET BRENNAN: I want to start on Ukraine. The United States purchases about 600,000 barrels of Russian petroleum products a day. Speaker Pelosi said that oil should be banned. The White House says it’s looking at options. What is that option? Does a solution come from Congress or is this something President Biden needs to act on? REP. SCHIFF: I think it could come from either place. I think there’s very strong bipartisan support to cut off Russian oil and gas sales to the United States. It’s anathema, I think, to many of us in Congress that while we were sanctioning them and trying to cripple their economy that way would help them in any way by purchasing their petroleum. But I think the administration wants to make sure that we work with… Read full this story
- Transcript: Rep. Adam Schiff on "Face the Nation", October 10, 2021
- Adam Schiff: 'Autocratic Cult' Around Donald Trump -- 'Not Interested in Governing'
- Trump accuses Adam Schiff of "making up stories" and talks about 'handling' whistleblower informants
- Adam Schiff is facing backlash for parodying Donald Trump's Ukraine call during a Congressional hearing
- Trump threatens to sue Democrats and "Shifty Adam Schiff" for fraud over impeachment
- Adam Schiff says he'll wait on Judiciary findings before deciding on whether to vote for impeachment
- Adam Schiff, Trump’s Chief Antagonist, Ponders Life After Trump
- St. Louis County Library Presents An Evening With Congressman Adam Schiff
- Transcript: Chris Krebs on "Face the Nation" on October 10, 2021
- Transcript: Fiona Hill on "Face the Nation," October 10, 2021
Transcript: Representative Adam Schiff on "Face the Nation," March 6, 2022 have 315 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at March 6, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.