Synopsis A familiar tune played out in the market Friday: technology stocks staged a mini rebound and at almost exactly the same time, Bitcoin reversed course too, spotlighting the cryptocurrency's tendency to move in lockstep with other risk assets. A familiar tune played out in the market Friday: technology stocks staged a mini rebound and at almost exactly the same time, Bitcoin reversed course too, spotlighting the cryptocurrency's tendency to move in lockstep with other risk assets. The world's largest digital token was up 0.6% to $43,080 on Friday as of 3:46 p.m. New York-time. Seasoned market veterans might not have been surprised to see that the Nasdaq , which is heavily-weighted toward big tech companies, also advanced. "Bitcoin is following the usual near-term pattern, which is a relatively high correlation with Nasdaq and other technology stocks," according to Matthew Sigel, head of digital assets research at VanEck. Presented By Did you Know? Sotheby’s has sold $65 million of NFTs in 2021, while arch-rival Christie’s has sold more than $100 million of the new type of crypto asset View Details » Practically all week, cryptocurrencies have twisted and turned in the same way technology stocks have, with both sets of… Read full this story
- Bitcoin price rises as Paul Tudor Jones backs it, MicroStrategy makes $488m bet
- ‘Walmarts Of Wall Street’ Cash In On Bitcoin, Here’s What Investors Need To Know
- Bitcoin And Gold: Something Wicked This Way Comes
- ASX slips as Wall Street and bitcoin hit record highs
- Cryptocurrency Firm FTX Trading's Valuation Rises to $18 Billion After $900-Million Investment
- What if bitcoin went to zero?
- FTSE recovers but pound slides as Covid cases rise
- Tech Bumper Earnings: Motley Fool Senior Analyst Weighs In
- Asian stocks hit 2021 lows on China tech selling, real yields drop before Fed
- Dogecoin creator Billy Markus says it could hit $1
Bitcoin’s rising correlation with tech weighs on hedge appeal have 302 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.