Republican leaders are pitching a curious New Year's resolution: Let's raise taxes on middle-class families. GOP lawmakers — aided by renegade Democrat, Sen. Joe Manchin Joe Manchin Harry Reid, political pugilist and longtime Senate majority leader, dies Meeting Manchin in the middle on the Child Tax Credit Greta Thunberg says it’s ‘strange’ Biden is considered a leader on climate change MORE (W.Va.) — have decided against renewing President Biden Joe Biden Biden, lawmakers mourn Harry Reid 29 percent of GOP support efforts to charge accused Jan. 6 rioters: poll Congress must meet the moment to hold Big Pharma accountable MORE 's child tax refunds that have flowed to 36 million American families since last spring. Unless Biden can undo this apparent defeat, the president’s opponents will slash middle-class incomes by $6,200 on average in the coming year as tax refunds to families largely disappear. ADVERTISEMENT Parents like Army officer Phillip Lacey, stationed overseas, treasured the relief stemming from Biden’s child credit, backstopping his wife and two young daughters living in Virginia. "For our family, our budget is not so tight," Lacey told the Washington Post. A Republican president, Gerald Ford, first deployed tax refunds to lift young families. By 1997,… Read full this story
- Of course birthrates are plunging – the Tories have created a child-unfriendly society
- Tax the rich more to help the middle class, says OECD
- AAP slams SDMC over proposal to hike four taxes
- House approves two child care bills aimed at pandemic
- Biden rolls out $775B plan for universal preschool, expanded child care and in-home elder care
- NY eyes pain for wealthy, working class to help right budget
- Biden: Better child, elderly care can create 3 million jobs
- FACT CHECK: Would ‘No’ Lower Or Middle Class Families Do Better Under The GOP Tax Plan?
- State of the union 2013: Obama pledges new deal for US middle class
- Bihar: Petrol, diesel prices hiked again
Killing the Child Tax Credit is a middle-class tax hike in disguise have 310 words, post on thehill.com at December 29, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.