The representation of women in the 100 Best Companies continues to increase, and the pandemic has not interfered even mildly with this trend. As per the latest report released by Working Mother and Avtar Best Companies for Women in India (BCWI), women constitute 34.5%, which is a 0.5% rise from 2020. In 2016, when the study was initiated, women's representation stood at 25%. Over the intervening years, the increase has been gradual but steady. Representation of women at managerial levels witnessed a similar increase, from 19% in 2016 to 25.4% in the sixth edition. Speaking at the launch of the report, Saundarya Rajesh, founder-president, Avtar, said COVID-19 had been hard on women in particular with many facing retrenchments, but our results showed that there were companies that continuously raised their diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) bar. More than 70% of the Best Companies had reported an increase in their DEI spend, with many increasing representation of women and other under represented groups in senior leadership and executive positions, she added. In terms of leadership roles in the IT/ITeS sectors, women's representation rose from 14% in 2020 to 18% in 2021. A similar trend was seen in FMCG and manufacturing companies… Read full this story
- Productivity soars after Aussie company introduces four-day work week
- Mental health: seeking help can stop the spiral of debt
- How to look after your mental health
- Will Pucovski released from Australia squad for Tests against Sri Lanka to manage mental health
- Free workshop aims to destigmatise mental health at work to save lives
- Discrimination against people with mental disorder reducing, says Consultant Psychiatrists
- Government plans to tackle mental health crisis 'will fail a generation'
- Did You Know That Financial Wellness Is Important For Mental Wellness?
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- The best yoga, mindfulness and fitness breaks for 2018
Mental wellbeing a top priority for ‘Best Companies’ have 285 words, post on www.thehindu.com at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.