New York (CNN Business) Senator Elizabeth Warren is accelerating her push to break up Amazon, arguing that the $1.7 trillion company is simply too powerful. “Amazon has the power and uses it to smash little businesses before they ever get a foothold,” the Massachusetts Democrat told CNN in a phone interview. Warren argues it’s not fair for Amazon ( AMZN ) to sell products, like shirts, pet food and sneakers, and simultaneously control the dominant platform where those products are sold. Elizabeth Warren backs Deere strike, saying workers have gotten the short end of the stick ‘for decades’ “You can either be the umpire or a player on the field. But you can’t be both. That’s what Amazon does,” Warren said. “What’s the solution here? Break Amazon up.” Amazon, Facebook ( FB ) and Big Tech broadly have been under fire from politicians from both sides of the aisle who are concerned about the vast amounts of power they have accumulated. Read More For Facebook, critics’ chief concern is the social media behemoth hasn’t done enough to stop the spread of disinformation or protect user data. Salesforce ( CRM ) CEO Marc Benioff recently told CNN that deception spreading like… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren Is Still Campaigning
- VP Contender Elizabeth Warren Raises Millions for Biden’s Campaign Despite Demonizing Big Fundraisers
- Kodak stock rally draws attention of Elizabeth Warren and SEC
- Elizabeth Warren calls for higher taxes, NRA investigation as part of gun control plan
- Elizabeth Warren Wants To Know Why This Company Was Spying On BLM Protesters
- 'He got off on my terror' Jeffrey Epstein victim recalls being abused as a 19-year-old virgin and says friends like Prince Andrew must give evidence to the FBI
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by the Air Line Pilots Association - Biden VP possible next week; Meadows says relief talks 'miles apart'
- The legal fight against big tech is like the fight against organized crime
- The Hill's Campaign Report: US officials say Russia, China are looking to sow discord in election
- Warren unveils plan to target corporate agriculture
Elizabeth Warren says Amazon is 'like a monster' that must be fed every minute have 337 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.