Emma Raducanu of Great Britain celebrates with the championship trophy after her match against Leylah Fernandez of Canada (not pictured) in the women's singles final on day thirteen of the 2021 U.S. Open tennis tournament at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. (Robert Deutsch-USA TODAY Sports) U.S. Open champion Emma Raducanu on Friday said that re-watching her stunning victory in this month's final felt like watching someone else, adding that her achievement had started to sink in but it was still difficult to fully comprehend. The 18-year-old Briton took the tennis world by storm when she beat Canada's Leylah Fernandez, 19, in straight sets last weekend to become the first qualifier in the men's and women's game ever to win a Grand Slam title. "I think it's gradually sinking in a bit more because last night I actually just re-watched the final and tried to relive a couple of the moments and remember how it felt," Raducanu said in an interview with the BBC. "So it is sinking in a little bit more but it is still such a whirlwind of an experience, I've loved every moment of it, but it is something that's very difficult to fully comprehend…. Read full this story
- Sexual awakening can be a real chore, according to It Felt Like Love
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Review: Tweaking the Winning Formula
- The Bachelor's Arie Luyendyk Jr. on Lauren B.: 'I Hadn't Felt Like This About Someone Since Emily'
- Andy Cohen Tells Jeff Lewis That Flipping Out's Last Episode 'Felt Like a Series Finale to Me'
- ‘I felt like I was going to fall off’: Lorry rides and the push to make it safer for workers
- Davies "felt like a broken record" during winless streak
- 'I felt like my friend was being attacked': Dave Bautista on defending director James Gunn after he was fired over offensive tweets
- Katherine Grainger relives Olympics after FINALLY winning Gold - 'Giving up crossed mind'
- Euro 2020: How Italian fans celebrated the Azzurri win over England, Watch video
- Brett Young Isn't Trying to Be Anyone He Isn't on New Album: 'Always Felt Like I Was Chasing Something'
Reviewing U.S. Open final win felt like watching someone else – Raducanu have 366 words, post on sports.inquirer.net at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.