USA women's World Cup-winning coach Jill Ellis said Sunday she would be "open to everything” when asked if playing football's landmark tournament every two years was a good idea. Ellis, who coached the United States to back-to-back World Cup triumphs in 2015 and 2019, has been appointed by FIFA to lead its technical advisory group on the future of the women's game. She was speaking after former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger — himself now in a development role with world football's governing body — last week controversially called for the World Cup to be staged more frequently in an interview with French newspaper L'Equipe. Wenger's comments appeared to be aimed principally at the men's game, while women's football is more dependent on the spotlight and financial rewards provided by the World Cup. "From a personal perspective I have seen the benefits of a World Cup in terms of spurring growth in our sport,” Ellis told reporters. "I have heard the conversation for a few years now about a biennial World Cup. Right now what I would say is I am open to everything, every initiative and perspective that can grow the landscape, so would that be under consideration? Certainly.” The… Read full this story
- Group D Preview - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Will France win it again?
- Group E Preview - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Germany or Spain to rule?
- It's official: Jeff Van Gundy to coach Team USA in AmeriCup 2017, World Cup qualifying - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- Dad says son 'worked to death' on £1 an hour by Qatar World Cup stadium firm
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy to come out of booth, coach USA Basketball in World Cup qualifying - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- Not Just Italy, A Look At Major World Cup Qualifying Failures
- Twitter, Fox Sports In Content Deal Around World Cup; Social Media Giant Partners With E! News, Revolt, Conde Nast – NewFronts
- FIFA U17 Women's World Cup: Goa, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai to host tournament in October
- Ronald Koeman to Coach Dutch Team After World Cup
- World Cup: FIFA to investigate Chile claim that Ecuador fielded ineligible player as La Roja seek Qatar spot
Former USA Coach Jill Ellis 'Open' to Idea of FIFA World Cup Every Two Years have 362 words, post on www.news18.com at September 6, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.