Boris Johnson says UK economy is 'bouncing back' Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info According to the figures released today, UK GDP rose by 5.5 percent in the second quarter of the year. Initially, the ONS had predicted growth would rise by 4.8 percent. Real GDP in quarter two is now just 3.3 percent below its pre-pandemic level. Related articles Fury at driver who admits to filling up despite having 3/4 full tank Sarah Everard’s father demands murderer looks at him The ONS also revealed there were increases in all main outputs of expenditure. This contributed four percent to the overall 5.5 increase following the easing of Covid restrictions. Deputy national statistician, Jonathan Athow said: “The economy grew more in the second quarter than previously estimated, with the latest data showing health services and the arts performing better than initially thought. “The revised figures also show households have… Read full this story
- UK economy on track to dodge pre-Brexit recession
- No deal Brexit will see pound plunge and economy shrink, Bank warns
- Brexit secretary says he ‘hadn’t quite understood’ importance of EU trade to UK economy
- What happens next with Brexit could make or break the UK economy
- Brexit will be good for global economy, May to tell world leaders
- No-deal Brexit 'could be worse for UK than 2008 financial crisis'
- UK economy slows as car sales fall
- Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling RISES as UK wage growth fastest since 2008
- London dominates UK jobs growth
- UK economy looks set to avoid recession despite August contraction
Brexit Britain handed major coup as UK economy growth surges faster than first thought have 300 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 30, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.