Dian Septiari (The Jakarta Post) PREMIUM Jakarta ● Wed, August 4, 2021 Indonesia is keen to start long-term cooperation with the United States in the health sector, including the possible codevelopment of mRNA vaccines to protect against COVID-19, Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi revealed as she kicked off her visit to Washington, DC, this week. The minister was visiting the US capital on official business at the invitation of Secretary of State Antony Blinken, the first such a meeting between them since US President Joe Biden took office earlier this year. The three-day trip comes amid virtual ASEAN ministerial meetings and the first clear sign of a "pivot" to Southeast Asia by high-ranking US officials, including Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin to Singapore, the Philippines and Vietnam, and Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman to Indonesia, Cambodia and Thailand. Pundits have bemoaned the stagnant … to Read Full Story SUBSCRIBE NOW Starting from IDR 55,000/month Unlimited access to our web and app content e-Post daily digital newspaper No advertisements, no interruptions Privileged access to our events and programs Subscription to our newsletters We accept Register to read 3 premium articles for free Already subscribed? login
- New York family buys Cole Porter's table for $18,000 at Waldorf Astoria auction after eating Christmas dinner at it for years - as 80,000 items from the NYC landmark sell for $1.5 million
- Now ICELAND supermarket says it 'stands ready' to help Britain's vaccine roll-out with its freezer lorries after Boris warned there will be 'logistical challenges' in getting jabs to elderly in care homes
- No10 slaps down US's top virus expert Anthony Fauci and says 'NO corners have been cut' with Pfizer vaccine approval - as adviser says he is SORRY for accusing UK of 'rushing' process and admits regulators are 'pros'
- COVID-19 vaccination strategy: PM Narendra Modi chalks out plan for India; check who's on priority
- 'It raised my concerns with what the vaccine contains': British Black Panther star Letitia Wright doubles down on COVID anti-vax video by 'prophet' who asks if vaccine will implant 5G antennas inside people
- Kerala SSLC, Plus Two Time Table 2020 released: Check new dates
- Bill Gates, the virus and the quest to vaccinate the world
- Why is the Pfizer vaccine so difficult to transport? Light, temperatures above -70C and movement ALL speed up the chemical reactions that destroy fragile mRNA — meaning care homes have been sidelined
- Johns Hopkins professor slams the FDA for 'holding up COVID vaccine approval' and dubs agency's progress 'Operation Turtle Speed' as another 2,607 die, hospitalizations hit a record 101K and new model projects 539,000 fatalities by April
- Why I put my hand up to be part of a Covid-19 vaccine trial
Vaccine cooperation on the table as Retno visits US have 431 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.