WASHINGTON: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Tuesday (Aug 3) he was launching a “strategic dialogue” between the United States and Indonesia at talks in Washington with Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi. Blinken told reporters while meeting Marsudi at the State Department that the dialogue was agreed upon between the two countries some years ago but was now actually being initiated at their meeting in Washington. “Indonesia is a strong democratic partner to the United States; we are working together on so many different fronts,” Blinken said. Marsudi said a strong partnership with Indonesia, the largest country and economy in the 10-nation Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), “will be a key aspect for the US increasing engagement in the region”. She said the United States was one of the important partners for ASEAN in implementing its outlook for the Indo-Pacific. “It is my hope, and the Indonesian government’s, to advance the bilateral relationship with the US from health to SDGs, from education, to economy, and beyond,” she said, using the acronym for sustainable development goals. READ: US top diplomat Blinken to court Southeast Asia in virtual meetings next week Blinken said Washington looked forward to Indonesia’s chairmanship… Read full this story
- Indonesia commits to South China Sea defence in 'strategic dialogue' with US
- US, Indonesia commit to South China Sea defense in 'strategic dialogue'
- Indonesia, US meet in first strategic dialogue under Biden
- US, India Ties Vital, Blinken Says After Meet With Jaishankar | Top Takeaways
- US, Indonesia commit to South China Sea defense in ‘strategic dialogue’
- US, Indonesia commit to South China Sea defence in 'strategic dialogue'
- PM Modi Meets US Secretary of State Blinken; Discusses Covid Crisis, Afghanistan Issue & Others
- US Secretary of State Blinken to Visit Israel, West Bank on May 26-27, Source Says
- Antony Blinken says U.S. and India united in tackling COVID-19
US Secretary of State Blinken says he is launching strategic dialogue with Indonesia have 304 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.