SINGAPORE, Aug 14 (The Straits Times/ANN): Food and beverage (F&B) establishments had to turn away customers with fake vaccination certificates and some whose full-vaccination status were not yet valid, following the resumption of dining in on Tuesday (Aug 10). Thai restaurant 87 Just Thai Killiney in Killiney Road had to reject 10 customers on the first day alone. Co-founder Eric Tan said several customers had shown up in pairs to dine in, having assumed that the non-air-conditioned restaurant is a coffee shop. Only hawker centres and coffee shops are able to accept groups of two diners regardless of vaccination status. Groups of up to five people who are fully vaccinated, have recovered from or tested negative for Covid-19, can dine together at restaurants. The restaurant’s other outlet, located in Pasir Panjang, also faced similar challenges. “We had customers attempting to come in and who kept challenging us saying ‘you have no air-con and no door, so you should be a coffee shop’,” said Tan. “There were also others who didn’t understand that if there is no green tick in your app, we can’t let you in… one couple got really upset and stormed off after saying ‘good luck to your… Read full this story
- The Anti-Vaccine Movement’s New Frontier
- Jimmy Kimmel: Vaccine Avoiders Are ‘Freeloaders’ | The Daily Wire
- 'If you don't have money, don't bring your parents': Diner and Singaporean relatives chided for ordering omelette in Melaka eatery
- Love bagels? Here are 8 of Singapore’s best bagel purveyors
- Report: Sixers Trade Disgruntled Star Ben Simmons To Brooklyn For James Harden | The Daily Wire
- Chinese authorities 'are issuing fake Covid contact-tracing alerts to lock down activists ahead of protests'
- 'Consider this the last meal I will serve you': KF Seetoh recounts rude customer being one-upped by hawker
- Yishun coffee shop sold for $40 million, psf exceeds Orchard Road ground level retail units
- Raining rodents: Maxwell Food Centre has rats falling from ceilings and getting trampled underfoot
- Daily roundup: HungryGoWhere is back: Grab buys, relaunches food portal — and other top stories today
Singapore F&B outlets find fake vaccination certs, some disgruntled diners in first week of dining in have 333 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 14, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.