POST-SERIES INTROSPECTION by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet “The youngsters we brought here for the middle order faced difficulties due to the conditions and couldn’t perform very well,” Misbah said. © AFP Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq has termed the ODI series win in South Africa as a “big confidence boost” for young captain Babar Azam but underlined a couple of issues the side needs to address going forward. They include sorting out a misfiring middle-order and better game plan when it comes to spin. “There are some glaring issues going forward, of course,” Misbah said after Pakistan’s 2-1 series win. “Power-hitting at No. 6-7 wasn’t successful. We have to have a look at that. Obviously Hasan did that hitting for us at the end. Nawaz, Asif and Danish, who were looking forward to, couldn’t do very well but we can’t write them off. They have potential. We have to consider that they were playing overseas in different conditions. “We need more consistent runs from the middle order along with some power. That’s needed to make big runs. If you see yesterday’s game, a score of 320 didn’t look safe at one point in time. In today’s cricket, scores… Read full this story
- The new Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+ hits the track
- Adjusting to pace and bounce key for Pakistan's success - Misbah-ul-Haq
- They don’t call Pakistan ‘unpredictable’ for nothing
- A Pakistan full of talent: 6 impressive players who rightly deserve a spot in PSL 2019
- PakvsNZ: T20s proved Pakistan is a good team, but the ODIs will determine if it is a great one
- On Resisting the Urge to Cyberbully My Middle School Tormenter
- California Blackouts Hit Cellphone Service, Fraying a Lifeline
- Men in Green vs Mighty Australia: Has Pakistan selected the best team for the job?
- Pakistan needs to get over the 2017 Champions Trophy high, because tomorrow won’t be easy
- Pakistan, a champion of making footballs, but not the game itself
Misbah wants more runs and power-hitting from Pakistan's middle-order have 325 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at August 8, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.