SERIES DECIDER by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Fakhar Zaman scored a second successive ton © AFP Pakistan put themselves in pole position to clinch the ODI series against South Africa on Wednesday (April 7) following their efforts with the bat. Fakhar Zaman scored a sparkling century once again following his superlative knock in the second ODI and skipper Babar Azam oozed class making 94 as the visitors finished with 320/7 on the board. They could have easily added 20 more to that total if not for a stunning collapse in the latter part of their innings. Quite remarkably, South Africa turned to spin in the final 10 overs barring one and the move appeared to work wonders. Keshav Maharaj had already done enough damage in his comeback ODI and the likes of JJ Smuts and Aiden Markram carried forward the good work by striking regularly. With Babar Azam helplessly watching Pakistan’s implosion from the non-striker’s end, Hasan Ali turned the tide with four sixes in the penultimate over. Andile Phehlukwayo then conceded 18 in the final over as Babar fell for 94 caught at the deep off the final while eyeing a hundred. The visitors began the… Read full this story
- Asia Cup 2018: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan Score Centuries As India Thrash Pakistan
- Global terror watchlist: Will Pakistan change its Afghanistan policy?
- Aaron Finch not happy with 20-minute innings break in rain-hit game
- The great Hobart heist: when Gilchrist robbed Pakistan
- Jailbreak for Pakistan as rain keeps scoreline to love-all
- Australia's Twenty20 International against Pakistan at SCG abandoned because of rain
- South Africa Vs Pakistan, 3rd Test: Proteas close in on series sweep after De Kock century
- The 5-man army that slayed Pakistan
- India triumph after Virat Kohli hits unbeaten 81 to help crush Pakistan
- 'India-Pakistan games extend beyond cricket ground'
Topsy-turvy innings sees Pakistan post 320 have 288 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.