PAKISTAN TOUR OF SOUTH AFRICA, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Mohammad Nawaz and Shaheen Afridi picked three wickets apiece © AFP Pakistan withstood a fighting century stand between Kyle Verreynne and Andile Phehlukwayo to hold on for the win in the series decider on Wednesday (April 7) in Centurion. South Africa looked down and out after succumbing to spin in the middle overs while chasing a mammoth 321 before the two batsmen joined forces to reignite some hopes. However, the visitors came up with timely strikes right at the end to complete a 28-run win. South Africa did begin the chase in positive fashion as Janneman Malan seamlessly managed to replace Quinton de Kock. Aiden Markram was the one who got going initially with the highlight being a short-arm jab over midwicket to fetch a six and Malan then followed that up with two boundaries off Shaheen Afridi. He took a liking to Afridi’s bowling and smashed him for two more boundaries to get South Africa past 50 without any damage but the young left-arm seamer hit back with Markram’s wicket. The ball took an inside edge, hit the pad and then dropped into the… Read full this story
- Tough lessons for Indian-origin South African debutant Muthusamy
- Pakistan knock hosts out of T20I series
- South Africa: Inter-Ministerial Committee On Nelson Mandela and Albertina Sisulu Centenary Celebrations
- 1970 Chevrolet Impala Series
- Fake vaccine video goes viral in Pakistan putting the global drive to eradicate polio at risk at the 11th hour
- India look to Rohit Sharma to seal Test record against South Africa
- OPINION: The power of franchises in South Africa’s economy
- A new performing arts series at Westminster Hall; a daylong festival of music by women at Crooners
- Pakistan knock Zimbabwe out of Twenty20 Tri-Series
- Discovery of African-American graves in Texas highlights 'moment of reckoning'
Pakistan see off spirited South African fightback to seal series have 299 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.