Two California men were charged in federal court with conspiring to attack the Democratic headquarters in Sacramento, according to a Department of Justice (DOJ) indictment unsealed Thursday. Ian Benjamin Rogers, 45, of Napa and Jarrod Copeland, 37, of Vallejo allegedly began plotting an attack after the 2020 presidential election in hopes of starting a movement to overthrow the government, the U.S. attorney’s office for the Northern District of California said. The men were allegedly planning to use explosive devices in attacks on targets related to the Democratic Party . The DOJ also said they reportedly tried to receive support from a known anti-government militia group. Copeland was arrested on Wednesday and made an initial federal court appearance on Thursday morning, the U.S. attorney’s office said. Rogers has been in custody since law enforcement officials discovered a large cache of weapons during a search on January 15. The search was conducted at Rogers’ auto repair shop, where authorities found 45 to 50 firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition and five pipe bombs. Also reportedly discovered during the January search were two manuals on conducting warfare and a mock “white privilege card” that referenced former President Donald Trump . A sticker was… Read full this story
- Despite scandals, key California politicians glide toward reelection. Here’s why.
- Sentencing for man in plot to blow up Democratic HQ delayed
- Man who plotted to blow up Democratic HQ to be sentenced
- Stacey Abrams looks to win Black men in bid for Ga. governor
- Toyota President: California's Ban on Gas-powered Cars 'Difficult' by 2035 Deadline
- One way California is responding to abortion restrictions? Making vasectomies cheaper
- FSB breaks silence on car bomb that killed daughter of 'Putin's Brain' –mystery blown open
- New California abortion laws set up clash with other states
- ‘Red-baiting’ fliers mailed to Vietnamese Americans in tight California congressional race
- California Election 2022: What to know about November’s ballot propositions
California men charged in planned bombing of Democratic headquarters have 305 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 16, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.