In California , 12% of adults say they will not get vaccinated, according to UCLA Center for Health Policy Research study. When one pairs that with the roughly 16% of the population under 13 years old who cannot get the vaccine and also those adults who are ineligible due to health issues, it seems about 25% of the state's population may not get vaccinated any time soon. That's a troubling prospect, since most infectious disease experts put herd immunity at between 70% and 85% of the population being vaccinated. If 25% will not get vaccinated, then the ceiling for vaccinations in the state is already on the low end of that projected range. Newsom has been asked every day this week about surging Covid numbers in the state and the possibility for renewed restrictions. His answers has been uniform. He has stressed the state has no plans for new restrictions, proposing the following instead: "Get vaccinated. We can end this thing quickly. If everybody got vaccinated we could end this thing in a month or so." State officials also pointed out that, for the week of July 7-14, the average case rate among unvaccinated Californians is 13 per 100,000 and… Read full this story
- First person in US to receive experimental COVID-19 vaccine says she feels 'fantastic': report
- Pub BANS drinkers under the age of 25 after 8pm because they can't stick to social distancing rules and are putting staff and customers at risk
- British experts say turn OFF air conditioning to reduce risk of spreading coronavirus as WHO admits pathogen can spread through tiny floating droplets
- Coronavirus: Zizzi and Ask Italian to close 75 restaurants, putting 1,200 jobs at risk
- Century-old BCG vaccine used to eradicate tuberculosis 'reduces the chance of death from Covid-19', study confirms
- Nobel laureates call for 'challenge trials' to speed up vaccine process
- Could an everyday childhood vaccine help against coronavirus?
- Coronavirus | Districts in M.P., Bihar, Telangana most vulnerable, says Lancet study
- What's the science on DNA and RNA vaccines?
- Newsom reopened California without meeting his own coronavirus testing, tracing benchmarks
25% Of Californians May Not Get Vaccinated, Says Study; Puts Newsom’s Victory By Vaccination Strategy At Risk have 334 words, post on deadline.com at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.