IMAGE: BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, right, with Secretary Jay Shah. Photograph: BCCI With IPL 2021 suspended indefinitely on Tuesday, May 4, due to multiple COVID-19 cases in the teams’ bio-bubbles, it remains to be seen if the cash-rich T20 league once again forces the postponement of the T20 World Cup. The Twenty20 World Cup, which is scheduled to be held in India in October-November, could be moved to the United Arab Emirates if the COVID-19 crisis does not subside in India. But if the BCCI decides to conduct the remaining IPL games later in the year, given the huge sum of broadcasting money at stake, then the axe could fall on the T20 World Cup like it happened last year. India has been reeling under the deadly second wave of COVID-19 infections in the past few weeks, with cases in excess of 300,000 every day. The IPL 2021 season, which began on April 9, went on smoothly for the first few weeks with matches being staged in Chennai and Mumbai. But the trouble started when the matches were played in Delhi and Ahmedabad. Ahmedabad saw the first instance of COVID-19 virus breaching the IPL bio-bubble when Kolkata Knight Riders’s Varun… Read full this story
- Hardik Pandya's Comeback Time Revealed; Will He Play in IPL 2020 or Will it be T20 World Cup in October Next Year?
- If India Work More Towards Fielding, They Will Find it Easy at T20 World Cup: Sunil Gavaskar
- Bangladesh hope BPL special edition serves as roadmap for T20 World Cup
- India vs West Indies: Rohit Sharma Wants To Focus On The Present, Not Looking At T20 World Cup
- My Role is to Set The Foundation, Not Worried About T20 World Cup: KL Rahul
- India vs West Indies 3rd T20I: World Cup is long, long way away, let's focus on present: Rohit Sharma
- IND vs WI: World Cup is long, long way away, let’s focus on present, says Rohit Sharma
- I struggled to hold back my tears when MS Dhoni got out in World Cup semis: Yuzvendra Chahal
- Virat Kohli Needs MS Dhoni In 2019 World Cup, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- World Cup is long, long way away, let's focus on present: Rohit Sharma
Will T20 World Cup be sacrificed for IPL? have 355 words, post on www.rediff.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.