Customers buy gold at Phú Quý gold shop in Hà Nội. VNA/VNS Photo Trần Việt HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam is the largest gold market in Southeast Asia, according to a recent study of the World Gold Council (WGC). The WGC also announced the country among the top 10 markets in the world, saying consumer demand for gold in Việt Nam reached 39.8 tonnes in 2020, higher than the demand of 37.6 tonnes in Indonesia and 9.4 tonnes in Singapore. The study of 2,000 local investors in March last year also said gold is the top asset class for 68 per cent of Vietnamese investors while the outlook for the precious metal was positive, adding 81 per cent of people who bought gold considered buying more. The average rate for buying more gold is 45 per cent globally. According to the WGC, demand for gold in Viet Nam is still very high as Vietnamese people believe gold helps fight inflation and currency fluctuations, helping investors feel secure in the long run. At the same time, new demand for gold also arises by buying gold on digital platforms or through available channels such as a bank. In the study, 76 per cent of respondents were… Read full this story
- Money keeps leaving market
- Gold prices steady ahead of US payrolls data
- Gold Price Near Rs 32,000 Per 10 Grams. Should You Buy?
- [email protected]: Trump's North Korea move sends markets down
- Stocks Advance in Holiday-Hit Trading; Oil Falls: Markets Wrap
- Dollar Drops as Treasuries Climb; Oil Extends Gain: Markets Wrap
- Asia Stocks Edge Up; U.S. 10-Year Yield Near 3.1%: Markets Wrap
- Precious Metals: Recycle and receive gold
- Santa Fe Gold Encounters Exceptional Silver Grades of up to 36 Oz Per Ton From Alhambra Tailings Pre-Production Tests
- EY Announces Mariano Nunez of Onapsis Entrepreneur of The Year® 2018 Award Finalist in New England Region
Việt Nam is region's largest gold market: WGC have 295 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.