SRI LANKA’S TOUR OF WEST INDIES, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Shanaka missed his first T20I assignment in-charge as the team’s new captain. © Getty Dasun Shanaka, Sri Lanka’s T20I skipper, will travel via France to the West Indies on March 7 (Sunday) to link up with the ODI squad. The all-rounder was unable to travel with the rest of the squad to the Caribbean last month for the three-match T20I series owing to US transit visa issues. “Shanaka did not travel with the team due to a visa issue he confronted, pursuant to the loss of his previous passport, which had a valid visa for the USA stamped on it,” Sri Lanka Cricket release said. The T20I series, which was due to be Shanaka’s first as Sri Lanka’s full-time new captain, kicked off on March 3 with Angelo Mathews filling in as stand-in captain. Shanaka, who took over from Lasith Malinga as Sri Lanka’s captain in the shortest format, has previously led the side in Pakistan in 2019, with the side clean-sweeping the series 3-0. Sri Lanka currently trail 0-1 in the series with the remainder of the two games to be played over… Read full this story
- Luke Ronchi, Mitchell McClenaghan Complete ICC World XI To Play West Indies
- Bangladesh tour of West Indies fixture finalised
- Mushtaq becomes West Indies bowling coach for one month
- Can West Indies Continue Home Supremacy?
- Empowering and uniting the West Indies community
- Rewind: The first ODI on Irish soil
- Transport chiefs reveal ambitious new plans for travel across West Yorkshire
- ODI exclusion gives me more time to prepare for England Tests: Ajinkya Rahane
- Sudan: West Kordofan Protests Against Fraud in Distribution of Fuel, Sugar
- West London teen jailed for plot to travel to Syria and join ISIS
Shanaka set to travel to West Indies for ODIs have 296 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.