ENGLAND’S TOUR OF INDIA, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Pant scored his third Test century, and first at home. © BCCI Here at the bare stats – India 294 for 7 and lead by 89. Rishabh Pant made 101 and had plenty of support from Washinton Sundar (60 not out) as the pair made 113 for the seventh wicket. A glance at the scorecard will make you feel India dominated the second day in Ahmedabad. That, however, wasn’t the case. India had complete control of proceedings only in the third session and spent the first two trying to find answers to the challenges thrown at them by James Anderson, Ben Stokes and Jack Leach. There were plenty of mini-battles that could have swung the game decisively. Leach against Cheteshwar Pujara, Stokes against Rohit Sharma, Anderson against Ajinkya Rahane were some of the sub-plots of the day that you won’t find in the scorecard. India started the day on 24 for 1 and were hoping to bat ‘sukoon se’ for the next two days. The pitch, however, offered valuable assistance to both pacers and spinners as England bossed the first session. India scored just 12 in… Read full this story
- India vs England, 5th Test, Day 5 live updates: Rahul, Pant fight but hosts make it 4-1
- New Zealand into Cricket World Cup final despite Jadeja’s heroics for India
- Coronavirus: What India can learn from the deadly 1918 flu
- Easy Ways To Update Your Home This Spring
- Viewpoints: Has Delhi rape case changed India?
- PM Modi Live on coronavirus outbreak: India in complete lockdown from midnight
- New Zealand vs India 1st Test Day 1 Highlights: Rain Halts New Zealand Charge With India Reeling At 122/5
- India vs England, 5th Test, Day 5 highlights: Rahul, Pant hit tons, but hosts make it 4-1
- Have Spoken to Rishabh Pant About New Things He Could Try and Implement: Wriddhiman Saha
- India Conducts Maiden Flight of Fully Loaded Home-Made Tejas Fighter Jet
Pant's maiden home century sets up India's lead have 313 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.