HOPKINTON (CBS) – A large crowd is expected in Hopkinton Thursday afternoon for a vigil for 16-year-old Mikayla Miller , as the demand intensifies for an independent investigation into her death. The superintendent said there will be an "increased police presence" in schools during the day and students will be dismissed early because of traffic concerns ahead of the rally, which is set to begin at 4:30 p.m. on the town common next to the Boston Marathon start line. Violence in Boston's Monica Cannon-Grant and former Boston City Councilor Tito Jackson will lead the vigil. They, along with Massachusetts Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, have called for an independent investigation into Miller's death. Miller, a sophomore at Hopkinton High School, was found dead April 18, hanging from a tree in the woods along a trail off West Main Street, which runs back to the apartment complex where she lived. Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said her office does not yet know how Miller died because the medical examiner's report is not finished, but she stopped short of calling it a suicide. Ryan came forward with new information Tuesday about the hours leading up to Miller's death just days after Mikayla's mother and… Read full this story
- Duty-Free Luxury Fire Sale Draws Huge Crowds
- Jeff Long talks Memorial Stadium, KU crowds for 2020 season
- ‘Unhinged’ Slowly Fastening Domestic B.O. Back Together With $1.4M Friday In Marketplace Where CA & NY Are Still Largely Closed
- With coronavirus cases rising again, the outlook is shaky for fall festivals, LSU football in Baton Rouge
- Small temples reopen after nearly five months
- Delegates ready to renominate Trump at Charlotte convention
- Oldham 'is less than 48 hours away' from even harsher Leicester-style lockdown with pubs and restaurants shut - as cases surge despite restrictions on visiting houses
- Unconventional convention a crucial moment for Biden
- Belarus on the brink: What now?
- Trump to hold unconventional White House convention
Mikayla Miller Vigil In Hopkinton Expected To Draw Large Crowd have 319 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.