Source: Apple What you need to know Apple is giving II-VI $410 million from its Advanced Manufacturing Fund. II-VI makes VCSELs for tech like Face ID and Portrait mode on iPhone. The move will create 700 jobs in America. Apple has today announced it is giving $410 million to II-VI, maker of optic technology that powers features of the iPhone 12 like Face ID and Portrait mode. The company stated: Apple today announced a new $410 million award from its Advanced Manufacturing Fund for II-VI, a leading manufacturer of optical technology. Today’s award builds on an initial $390 million awarded from Apple’s Advanced Manufacturing Fund in 2017. The expansion of the company’s long-standing relationship with II-VI will create additional capacity and accelerate delivery of future components for iPhone, with 700 jobs in Sherman, Texas; Warren, New Jersey; Easton, Pennsylvania; and Champaign, Illinois. II-VI manufactures vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) that help power Face ID, Memoji, Animoji, and Portrait mode selfies. Apple also works with II-VI to manufacture lasers used in the LiDAR Scanner — technology that helps deliver faster, more realistic augmented reality experiences and improves autofocus in low-light scenes in photos and videos. Apple says the move is part of… Read full this story
- New research centre promises solutions in advanced manufacturing for the next generation of high added-value products
- NIH awards $10 million to advance microneedle patch for flu vaccination
- Mahatma Gandhi keeps the faith for India in ‘Civilization VI’
- Apple Tops Profit Target, but Misses on Revenue
- HOT TECH RUMOR Apple's Sapphire-Screen iPhone Less 'If' Than 'When'
- CUPERTINO BUSINESS REPORT An Android Advance, a Patent Punch and More Tablet Temblors
- £8 million project to give UK firms the cutting edge
- Energy Department Announces 10 New Projects to Apply High Performance Computing to Manufacturing Challenges
- Slack Energizes App Development With $80M Fund
- Obama Taking Action to Push Manufacturing
Apple to give II-VI $410 million from Advanced Manufacturing Fund have 293 words, post on www.imore.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.