Over the last eight years, Denmark has seen a surge in convictions and charges for rape, with migrants making up nearly one in four of those convicted for rape in 2020. According to Danish Ministry of Justice figures, the country saw 987 charges laid for rape in 2020, over twice the number of charges from 2012. In that same period, there were 217 actual convictions — up from 132 in 2012 — 53 of whom were foreign nationals. Minister of Justice Nick Hækkerup, a member of the ruling Social Democrats, commented on the figures saying, "I look at the numbers very seriously, because rape is a disgusting crime, which unfortunately is committed to an excessive extent," Danish tabloid BT reports . The vast majority of rapes are not prosecuted — it is reported that around 4,700 men, women, and children are raped in Denmark a year. The government's figures also reveal that nearly a quarter of all those actually convicted for perpetrating rape in 2020 were migrants, with Syrians making up the largest number of foreign nationals convicted for rape that year, followed by Turkish citizens and stateless people. "The figures clearly show that we have a problem of an… Read full this story
- When your first love rapes someone
- Amid #MeToo, Rape Cases Still Confound Police
- Alleged California Killer Faces 13 New Rape-Related Charges
- Woman Who Lied to Police About 3 Black Men Raping and Kidnapping Her Faces Zero Years in Prison
- Why are people migrating to Europe? A primer on the refugee crisis
- Latino Leaders Angry After NBC Meeting
- Tucker Carlson Defends Child Marriage, Claims Women Are ‘Primitive’
- The System Isn't Broken. It's Working Exactly As Designed.
- Re-Examining Monica, Marcia, Tonya and Anita, the 'Scandalous' Women of the '90s
- Trump's Immigrant Roundups Increasingly Net Noncriminals
Syrians Top List of Migrant Rapists in Denmark as Rape Charges and Convictions Soar have 281 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.