SINGAPORE – The sole Covid-19 case reported in the community on Wednesday (April 14) has been linked to three other cases in the country, prompting the Ministry of Health (MOH) to announce a new local cluster. The patient, a 44-year-old Papua New Guinea national is in Singapore on a short-term visit pass, having arrived in Singapore for a work project on March 25. The three other people in the cluster were on the same flight into Singapore, said MOH. Two of the cases, who had tested positive on April 1, were close contacts of a previously reported case – a 50-year-old Columbian national who arrived from Papua New Guinea for a work project. He tested positive for the coronavirus infection on March 30. The 44-year-old Papuan had previously tested negative for the virus five separate times – including once at a pre-departure test in Australia on March 23 and on arrival in Singapore on March 25. MOH said that prior to being quarantined on April 1, he was on a controlled itinerary in Singapore which was largely limited to his place of work and his accommodation. He was quarantined after being identified as a close contact of previous cases in… Read full this story
- Special Report: One life, two organs, a $5.3 million bill - a tale of superbugs' deadly costs
- Special Report: How hospitals, nursing homes keep 'superbug' outbreaks secret
- Pakistan's Babar Azam transfers his Test record to Australia with Gabba century
- Special Report: In a Muslim lawyer's murder, Myanmar's shattered dream
- Special Report: Industry backing muddies infection-control science
- 'I will eventually get killed': Meet Bryan Kramer, Papua New Guinea's anti-corruption tsar
- Air pollution linked to 3.2 million new diabetes cases in one year
- Judge dismisses request for DNA testing on evidence from 1985 murder despite request from executed suspect's daughter who claimed her father 'was forced into confessing and convicted on shaky evidence'
- Australia's biggest unsolved mystery reopened as family waits for key new clue
- Ready fur us? Plucky seal gives penguin a frosty reception in stunning image from Sir David Attenborough's new series Seven Worlds... as he warns against blight of 'waste' and says humans have made a tragic, desperate mess' of the planet
S'pore reports new Covid-19 cluster after man from Papua New Guinea with links to 3 other cases tests positive have 345 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.