Forests in Gia Lai Province's Mang Yang District. — VNA/VNS Photo Hồng Điệp HCM CITY — Local authorities in the Tây Nguyên (Central Highlands) region have taken measures to prevent forest fires in the ongoing dry season. Forests in the region, which includes the provinces Lâm Đồng, Đắk Lắk, Gia Lai, Kon Tum and Đắk Nông, face a high fire risk because of hot weather. At the beginning of the dry season, the provinces instructed localities to establish fire-prevention plans and strictly implement them in the dry season. In Đắk Nông Province, the Forest Protection Sub-department in September instructed localities and forest owners to set up prevention plans. The sub-department has organised forest fire prevention drills and more inspections. Đắk Nông has 125,000ha of forests, including 78,300ha of natural forest and 46,700ha of manmade forests in danger of high fire risk, according to the province's Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. In the dry season, which lasts between November and April, local farmers clear their fields by burning, which can cause fires to break out in forests near the fields. Lê Quang Dần, deputy director of the department, said the province's forests have a thick layer of vegetation covering the ground and many forests are pine and bamboo forests, which easily catch… Read full this story
- Amazon's widespread fire damage 'invisible to our eyes'
- Seeds of doubt: Amazon forest gatherers dread drought and fires
- The Amazon Rain Forest Is Once Again on Fire, and This Time It's Worse
- ‘The Resources Exist’: California Wildfires Rage as Corporations Block Preventative Practices
- Firefighters Continue To Battle Massive Lake Hughes Fire, Structures Remain Threatened
- Flood season coming late, drought may hit Mekong Delta again next year
- California wildfires: Mendocino Complex crews light fires to make progress
- 2003 Humboldt fire shows old-growth redwoods are built to survive fire
- Indonesia's fires labelled a 'crime against humanity' as 500,000 suffer
- Brazil's Bolsonaro imposes 4-month ban on agricultural fires to preserve Amazon
Tây Nguyên takes measures to prevent forest fires in dry season have 330 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.