Spring break hot spots across Florida are beginning to report slight increases in COVID-19 cases, as young people continue flocking to the state’s beaches and cities to celebrate. In each of the metro areas of Miami, Tampa and Orlando, coronavirus cases have begun to rise among people aged 25 to 49 years old, according to The Miami Herald . The rise comes after months of decline in each of those areas, and the uptick has been particularly significant in Miami. In Miami-Dade County, cases have jumped from about 450 per day to 550 per day over the last week, per The Miami Herald . In Hillsborough Country, which houses Tampa, cases have risen in that age group from 120 per day to 155 over the past two weeks. And in Orange County, where Orlando is located, that number has risen from about 110 to about 150 average cases in the same two-week time period. “When we see increases like this, we know we have to pay attention,” Jason Salemi, an epidemiologist at the University of South Florida told The Miami Herald . “We know how hard it is to protect the vulnerable when there’s an increase in community transmission.” The… Read full this story
- Two shark attacks within 24 hours at tourist hot spot in Australia
- Great White Shark Weighing More Than 1,600 Pounds Spotted Off Florida Coast
- New strain of Strep A that is NINE TIMES more aggressive is 'behind the record-high number of cases of scarlet fever in England'
- Liverpool 2-0 Wolves report as Sadio Mane hits brace
- Grieving daughter breaks down in tears as Extinction Rebellion protesters block her from getting to her late mother's home for the second day in a row after her death
- Wildlife trafficking increases in Vietnam as demand continues to rise
- Consumer Reports No Longer Recommends Tesla Model 3, Cites Reliability
- 'They don't deserve dogs': Warning to pet owners after three animals are trapped in roasting-hot cars during blistering heatwave
- Edited Transcript of FLS.CO earnings conference call or presentation 29-Oct-19 10:00am GMT
- Could A Dog Win The Hot Dog Eating Contest?
Florida's Spring Break Hot Spots Reporting Slight Increases in COVID-19 Cases have 329 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 24, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.