NEW DELHI : Cyber attacks by RedEcho , the actor group with China links, on India's power infrastructure have been more widespread than previously known and the intrusive infrastructure remains active even after military de-escalation in Ladakh's Pangong area. According to Christopher Ahlberg, CEO of Recorded Future, the Massachusetts-based enterprise security outfit that detected the intrusions, 10 Indian power sector assets and the Mumbai and Tamil Nadu's VO Chidmabaranar ports came under attack. The power assets that came under attack were Delhi state load despatch centre, DTL Tikri Kalan substation in Delhi; Mumbai Port Trust, western regional load despatch centre In Maharashtra, NTPC’s Kudgi power plant and southern regional load despatch centre in Karnataka, VO Chidambarnar port in Tamil Nadu, Telengana load despatch centre, eastern regional load despatch centre in West Bengal load despatch centre and northeastern regional load despatch centre in Assam . “Recorded Future observed through its network intelligence significant, high-volume, network traffic from Indian power sector assets to servers used by China-linked group RedEcho… The adversary infrastructure is still active and activity continues (even after Pangong pull-back announcement),” Ahlberg said in a presentation on the group's findings on Thursday. Charity Wright of Insikt, Recorded Future's threat research… Read full this story
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, says Chinese troops occupying Indian territory
- Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Abhishek Sharma's 107 secures big win for Punjab; Padikkal powers K'taka to second victory
- Chinese PLA soldier captured in Ladakh's Chushul sector, handed back
- Will revisit GST when Congress is voted to power: Rahul Gandhi
- The global internet is powered by vast undersea cables. But they're vulnerable.
- US to slap tariffs on $200B in Chinese goods, WH says, but trade talks to resume Friday
- Adani Group says being targeted through false propaganda, manufactured online campaign
- IL&FS addressed debt of ₹2,500 crore in Q3
- 'We know whom Modi is batting for'
10 power assets, Mumbai, Tamil Nadu ports came under Chinese cyberattack have 316 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.