Email By Bridget Judd Updated February 04, 2021 10:46:29 Map: Australia For every death by suicide, more than 20 others attempt to end their life. Australia has a suicide problem — it seems we can all agree on that — but when it comes to solutions, the verdict isn’t so clear. Photo: In 2015, for the first time in Australian history, suicide deaths eclipsed 3,000 in a single year. (ABC News: Emma Machan) The gentle croons of James Blunt echoed through Graeme Holdsworth’s stereo as he penned his parting words: “I’m so hollow, baby. I’m so hollow.” As a former project manager, he’d spent his life transforming banal blueprints into architectural narratives. If you or anyone you know needs help: Lifeline on 13 11 14 Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800 MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978 Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467 Beyond Blue on 1300 22 46 36 Headspace on 1800 650 890 Melbourne was his canvas; his legacy irrevocably embedded in the city’s skyline. He was methodical. Fastidious. A man whose life had become synonymous with planning. And today was no different. He’d crossed his T’s and dotted his I’s. It wasn’t that he wanted… Read full this story
- How to know when it’s time to quit your job for the sake of your mental health
- Prioritising mental health
- New research reveals full extent of veteran suicide crisis as royal commission begins work
- Covid-19 drove deaths up 16% in OECD countries and hit mental health, too, report finds
- Nearly two-thirds of SME business owners have put financial success above mental health
- Dr Alex George: 'Young people face a mental health emergency... we must act now'
- Mental health: The power of connecting requires the power of investing
- Nearly two-thirds of SME business owners put financial success above mental health
- Mental health: The best exercise to improve your mood - ‘makes the brain feel happy’
- Poddar Foundation Inks MoU With ITDP Dept To Raise Awareness On Mental Health Issues
Suicide prevention programs are a cornerstone of the mental health system, but how well do they work? have 307 words, post on www.abc.net.au at February 4, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.