A care home has been slammed for uncleanliness after 19 residents died during the coronavirus pandemic. Staff at Lomond Court Nursing Home in Glenrothes, Fife, left clean laundry on the floor and uncovered milk and food in a dirty fridge that was not connected to power. The Care Inspectorate raised serious concerns and judged the home’s care and support as weak. Lomond Court provides 24-hour nursing care and support to 40 older people with mental frailty but almost half the residents died during one of the worst Covid-19 outbreaks in Fife. The inspectorate said: ‘Levels of cleanliness were poor and required immediate attention to help minimise the potential spread of infection.’ Residents in Britain’s care homes have been the hardest hit from the pandemic as the virus ripped through communities. Staff at Lomond Court Nursing Home (pictured) in Glenrothes, Fife, left clean laundry on the floor and uncovered milk and food in a dirty fridge that was not connected to power ‘The management of clinical waste was not satisfactory which caused risks to staff, people living in the home and visitors,’ the report added. It said practices had a ‘significant impact on the wellbeing of people experiencing care’, adding that… Read full this story
- Care homes bosses blame climbing death toll on 'reckless stiff broom' policy to send back hundreds of elderly coronavirus patients to free up hospital beds
- How many elderly Britons in care homes have REALLY been infected with coronavirus? Poll of care workers claims figure is around 40% - despite Number 10's insistence it is just 15%
- 2,500 people die from coronavirus in care homes in a single WEEK: New data reveals scale of crisis amid calls for a 'ring of steel' around most vulnerable people
- Fatcat who is milking our care homes during COVID-19 outbreak: First Balvinder Nijjar slashed the rates he pays dairy farmers, forcing them to pour their milk down the drain - now he's hiked charges for supplying food to nursing homes
- Inside coronavirus-hit care home where nurses cry as isolated residents sing from rooms
- Why can't patients in care homes go to empty Nightingales? Healthy residents 'are being sacrificed to coronavirus' after government ORDERS homes to take infected patients to free up NHS beds amid claims 4,000 lives have been lost
- David lives in a care home – locked inside a crisis, and terrified. We can do better
- Five new coronavirus cases confirmed in NSW, fourth nursing home resident dies
- Your weekly cleaning guide: Dyson microbiologist reveals the EXACT tasks to complete each weekday to protect your home against germs during COVID-19
- 10 deaths hit care home, governor warns of virus 'hot spots'
Scottish care home where 19 residents died in Covid outbreak is slammed by watchdog after inspectors found rooms were not cleaned properly and food was stored in fridge that was switched off have 428 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 3, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.