Former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden was one of 10 retired military leaders that filed an amicus brief on Wednesday in support of declaring a U.S. military draft unconstitutional. The document was submitted in support of a petition filed by the National Coalition for Men (NCM) which is represented by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in January. The petition alleges that the U.S. Selective Service violates the constitution because only men are required to register for a possible draft. Men who do not register with the Selective Service are subject to penalties which may include prosecution. The brief co-submitted by Hayden implies that the Selective Service registration process is outdated. “Requiring both women and men to register for the selective service is a long overdue next step,” the amicus brief read. “Indeed, the male-only selective service requirement is the last vestige of an American service force that no longer exists.” Hayden served as NSA Director from 1999 to 2005, serving in the administrations of both former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush . In 2006, Hayden became the director of the Central Intelligence Agency. A challenge to the constitutionality of the Selective Service’s registration of men exclusively… Read full this story
- Kansas court considers parental rights of ex-LGBTQ partners
- Special Report: Why big business can count on courts to keep its deadly secrets
- Court ruling reignites ObamaCare fight for 2020
- Gitmo War Court Orders US General Jailed For Supporting Detainee’s Legal Rights
- How Buhari military regime released detainees based on court orders
- Shrouded justice: Thousands of Colorado court cases hidden from public view on judges’ orders
- Trump has Vowed to End the HIV/AIDS Epidemic. His Court Picks Have Other Ideas.
- Trump’s ex-lawyer fires what could be a warning shot
- 'Learn some history!' Mayor of Salem slams Trump for comparing impeachment to the Witch Trials as president gives himself 'good marks' for rambling six-page letter to Pelosi after his lawyers were 'ordered out while he penned the draft'
- Elizabeth Warren: The Rolling Stone Interview
Ex-NSA Director Michael Hayden Wants Supreme Court To Declare Military Draft Unconstitutional have 330 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 12, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.