JINAN — A paper slip retrieved from underneath a mine said that 12 workers are still alive while the other 10 are in unclear situation, after they were trapped following a gold mine blast in East China’s Shandong province, according to local authorities. Rescuers said they felt people pulling the iron ropes used to deliver the nutrient solutions on Sunday night. The rescuers previously drilled a channel at 1:56 pm on Sunday, knocked on the drilling pipe and got knocking sounds back in response. The blast took place at 2 pm on Jan 10 at a gold mine in Qixia under Yantai city. It happened about 240 meters away from the entrance. Twenty-two workers were working more than 600 meters away from there.
- EastEnders fans beg Mick to realise he was raped as he says care worker Katy loved him
- Vaccine trials should NOT be stopped even in the event of death, scientists say as Brazilian doctor, 28, dies from Covid-19 after getting placebo dose in Oxford University's study
- Coles' coronavirus nightmare: Second worker at supermarket giant's Melbourne distribution centre tests positive
- Boris Johnson's decision to impose tougher Covid tiers will cost Britain £900million a DAY, say experts as it emerges almost the entire nation is to be banned from socialising indoors until April
- Coronavirus | Sex workers in Sonagachi reeling under debt trap, finds survey
- Turia Pitt, 32, reveals what went through her mind when she was being 'burnt alive' in a horrific fire that nearly killed her - and her tips to finding happiness in dark times
- Jordan Peterson's daughter says crying snowflake staff at Penguin Random House Canada should be fired after their bid to block conservative psychologist's new book
- Arpita Khan, Aayush Sharma celebrate 6th wedding anniversary, Kapil Sharma says he lost 11 kgs after suffering from slipped disc
- Revealed: Grenfell council worker who stole £62,000 from inferno victims to fund her lavish holidays faces police probe into ANOTHER missing £35k at her previous NHS and museum jobs
- Number of Britain's combustible death-trap towers rises to 11 after it is revealed 600 high-rise buildings could have Grenfell Tower-style cladding
Paper slip from mine says 12 workers trapped still alive have 330 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at January 18, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.