President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris will be sworn in Wednesday morning. Inauguration day events have already begun, but the official oaths of office are should be administered around 9 a.m. PST. Watch live video of the ceremony here. Latest updates today: 7:03 a.m. Obamas arrive for inauguration: Former President Barack Obama, with his wife Michelle, arrived at the Capitol on Wednesday to witness the swearing in of his vice president, Joe Biden, the victor over the man who relentlessly excoriated both of them, Donald Trump. Former President Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton, who beat Trump in the popular vote but lost to him in the Electoral College count in 2016, also walked into the Capitol. The arrival of Trump’s nemeses for the traditional transfer-of-power contrasted with his own petulant refusal to attend. 6:53 a.m. Trump follows at least one presidential tradition: The White House says President Trump left behind a note for his successor, Joe Biden, whose name he has not publicly uttered as having vanquished him from the presidency. Deputy press secretary Judd Deere declined to reveal what Trump wrote. The traditional note contrasts with Trump’s refusal to attend Biden’s inauguration or invite the president-elect the… Read full this story
- Joe Biden calls Harry Reid "a giant of our history" as Democrats mourn his death
- Joe Biden's inauguration was one big repudiation of Donald Trump's politics
- Kamala Harris Narrowly Beating 'Let's Go, Brandon' in Google Searches
- Kamala Harris Has 'Never Talked About' 2024 Campaign Plans with Biden
- Fact Check: Kamala Harris Lied About Afghanistan in CBS Interview
- 'F' for the White House: Joe Biden's Dismal Approval Rating Sinks Again
- Kamala Harris Tells Public to 'Trust' Vaccines and White House Advice
- Joe Biden Refers to Kamala Harris as 'President'
- Trump Mocks Biden for Calling Kamala Harris 'President' -- 'I Never Called Mike Pence President'
- Gloomy, Unappreciated Joe Biden Staffers Eying the Exits
Live updates: It’s Inauguration Day for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have 307 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.