Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Hundreds of seaside communities sit along the rolling, sundry shores of California, each a prominent display of the famous coastline. Still, none perhaps exemplifies the particular splendor of Southern California more than San Diego’s La Jolla. Walk along the 7 miles that comprise the coast of La Jolla and you find stretches of soft-sanded beaches that turn into sea-sprayed bluffs with views of Mount Soledad, tide pools and the mighty blue Pacific. Teeming with surfers, kayakers, and frequently seen sea-lions, all while basking in some of the most enviable weather in the world — it’s not hard to see why La Jolla is often called the “jewel” of San Diego. ADVERTISEMENT While the coast creates the western border, the eastern limits are shaped by Interstate 5, running north to south, intersecting only at the University of California San Diego campus. This means neighborhoods remain largely unbothered by pass-through commuter traffic. The community achieves a small-town feel while still being part of a large destination city whose downtown is only 12 miles to the south. The Housing One of the first Californian colonies to be settled by the Spanish, La Jolla’s development began in the… Read full this story
- Halloween Event Guide 2019: Encinitas, S.D.
- Spooktacular; Corn Maze; Flashmob & More: Events Near Encinitas
- Donors Of All Blood Types Needed: Give Near Encinitas
- Encinitas Among Most Popular Airbnb Summer Destinations In County
- AGU journal highlights -- Jan. 13, 2011
- AGU Journal highlights -- Aug. 30, 2010
- Navy Expands Sonar Testing Despite Troubling Signs
- Fallout 4 Magazines Locations Guide, Improve Stats, Unlock Perks ‘Print’s Not Dead
- Entomological Society of America names 2010 Insect Science Award winners
- How To Score Free Chips & Guacamole At Rubio's In Encinitas
On The Town: La Jolla By The Sea, Southern California’s Quintessential Coastal Community have 277 words, post on www.forbes.com at December 7, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.