WOMEN’S T20I TRI-SERIES IN AUSTRALIA, 2020 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on ShareTweet Beth Mooney scored an unbeaten 71 off 54 in the final © AFP Beth Mooney’s unbeaten 71 off just 54 – laced with nine boundaries and Jess Jonnasen’s chase-crippling five-wicket haul was enough to undo Smriti Mandhana’s fighting, stroke-filled 66 as Australia did enough to catch India short in a run chase to clinch the tri-series title at the Junction Oval in Melbourne on Wednesday (February 12). With an above-par total to defend, Australia came equipped with lessons from their previous encounter against India that allowed Harmanpreet Kaur’s side to stay alive in the three-way competition. Australia’s first order of business was to neutralise the threat of the young Shafali Verma, who dragged the game away from Australia last time around with a 28-ball 49. Shafali began exactly in the way most – including Australia – expected, carting the No.1 all-rounder in the world Ellyse Perry for six straight back over her head in a 10-run first over. Australia held back Megan Schutt and brought Tayla Vlaeminck into the attack. The 21-year-old quick, who only yesterday pocketed the Young Cricketer of the Year award, made an instant… Read full this story
- Renee Zellweger Sets First Major TV Role as Lead in Netflix Series ‘What/If’
- CreditEase Fintech Investment Fund Leads $62 Million Series C Round Investment in Upgrade
- Mooney, Fuller lead South Dakota past D-III Northland, 88-42
- Eagle in Australia tries snatching young boy during birds of prey show
- Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant lead Thunder to series-clinching win over Mavericks
- Photos: Dodgers win the 1988 World Series, a look back
- History made at final NBC World Series in Lawrence-Dumont Stadium
- SpinCar® Named Exclusive Provider for S21Media to Resell Interactive Merchandising Tool in Australia
- Here's why Australia's manager is not coaching his team at the 2018 Little League World Series
- Clint Bowyer trying to expand NASCAR's 'Big Three'
Mooney, Jonnasen lead Australia to tri-series triumph have 317 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.