INJURY BLOW by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Maxwell is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. © Getty Glenn Maxwell, originally named in both the T20I and ODI squads, will miss Australia’s upcoming limited-overs tour of South Africa due to an elbow injury. He will be replaced by D’Arcy Short, Cricket Australia confirmed on Wednesday (February 12). Maxwell, who was managing his troubled left elbow through the BBL, reported increased pain over the weekend, following which scans revealed “some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint”. He will now undergo surgery and is expected to be out for six to eight weeks. As a result, he might miss at least the start of the IPL. This also means a further delay to Maxwell’s anticipated international return since his mental health break late last year. “Representing Australia is the highest honour in cricket and something I cherish,” Maxwell said. “I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue. “I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their… Read full this story
- Robert Clack rugby boys get sponsorship boost for South Africa tour from MID Group
- Leigh Halfpenny to miss South Africa match due to concussion as Wales chase historic clean sweep
- British and Irish Lions face Premiership backlash over plans for £10m Twickenham clash before 2021 South Africa tour
- Smith likely to miss PSL due to elbow injury
- Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed banned as he admits racist remark aimed at South Africa’s Andile Phehlukwayo
- South Africa: The only country where India are yet to win a Test series
- Pakistan tour of South Africa 2018-19: South Africa vs Pakistan, 5th ODI- Preview & Prediction
- South Africa vs Pakistan 2019 Schedule: Complete Timetable, Match Timings, Download PDF of SA vs PAK 2019 Fixtures
- Golf: Eagle on 17 propels Schwartzel into South Africa Open second...
- Pakistan recall Mohammad Amir, Fakhar Zaman and Shadab Khan for South Africa Test Series
Maxwell to miss South Africa tour due to elbow injury have 351 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.