COVID-19 IN CRICKET by Atif Azam • Last updated on ShareTweet Mortaza had been suffering from fever and was tested on Friday night. © Getty Mashrafe Mortaza has tested positive for COVID-19, his brother Morsalin Mortaza confirmed on Saturday. The pacer had been suffering from fever and was tested on Friday night. “My brother has had a fever for two days. He did the test last night. Today came the test positive. He is at home in isolation,” Morsalin told Cricbuzz. Former Bangladesh opener Nafees Iqbal too has contracted the virus. “I had the first symptom ten days ago. I had a fever and had aches and pains in the body but had recovered by the third day. But I still took the COVID-19 test just to be sure and the result came back positive. I am doing fine at the moment,” he said. Nafees featured in 11 Tests and 16 ODIs for Bangladesh before his international career came to a premature end. Nafees had been involved with Bangladesh A team as the team manager in a couple of assignments. Bangladesh has seen the cases rise past 100,000 with more than 8.7 million people affected by the virus worldwide. ©… Read full this story
- Mashrafe Mortaza set to participate in Bangladesh national election for ruling party
- Asia Cup 2018: Mashrafe Mortaza unhappy with the replanned schedule
- We are getting away from the rules, so it's disappointing, says Mashrafe Mortaza
- We need to think about Mashrafe Mortaza's replacement, says Bangladesh coach
- 1st Youth Test: India U-19 eye victory against Sri Lanka
- Two-time Commonwealth Games gold medallist Sanjita Chanu handed provisonal suspension after testing positive
- 45 more athletes from Beijing, London Games test positive for doping
- Report: Patriots' Edelman tested positive for 'unrecognizable...
- McCullum admits he tested positive for banned substance during 2016 IPL
- Asiad bound steeplechase runner Navin Dagar tests positive
Mashrafe Mortaza tests positive for COVID-19 have 306 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 20, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.