Charles Juma, a manager in the Kenyan government agency responsible for organizing medical supplies, told lawmakers that his boss received death threats from the “deep state” if he did not give Coronavirus supply contracts to companies owned by their friends, the Daily Nation reported on Tuesday.Juma is a procurement manager at the Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (Kemsa), the Nation noted, which is an agency under the Kenyan Ministry of Health. In September, the country’s Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission announced a probe into Kemsa after identifying an “irregular expenditure” of about $72 million. Juma was suspended from his work for the duration of the investigation. Kenya is among several African nations in which government officials are facing significant accusations of corruption related to emergency funding to fight the Chinese coronavirus pandemic. In Nigeria, police had to fend off looters at emergency food warehouses in November after impoverished locals, economically devastated by coronavirus lockdowns, began stealing food to feed themselves. Locals questioned why the food appeared only to go to those connected to the government or rot in warehouses. In South Africa, President Cyril Ramaphosa delivered a speech in August accusing members of his own party, the left-wing African National Congress (ANC), of “looting” $26 billion in… Read full this story
- The Human Papillomavirus Vaccine
- The Latest: Erdogan rejects call for ceasefire in Syria
- Gordon Sondland, a key figure in Trump impeachment furor, long coveted ambassadorship
- Swine Flu H1N1 and HIV
- Accepting Diabetes, Fighting Diabetes
- Life Long Learning - The Quest For Knowledge, Or the Stimulation of Growth?
- The Red Zone - Chapter 1 From "Democrats in the Red Zone" 2007
- Save a Girl Child
- SCADA - Where Are the Liabilities?
- Espionage - Dan Silva's Prince of Fire and the Patriot Act, a Review of Public Policy
Health Ministry Official: Kenyan ‘Deep State’ Issued Death Threats for Coronavirus Contracts have 288 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.